Chicken Noodle Soup 2 WW Points
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 1/2 cups wide egg noodles
- 8-10 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 clove minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup of peas or green beans
- 1 tsp basil
- 1tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups diced, cooked chicken meat
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat olive oil. Add garlic, onion and celery. Saute for 5 minutes. Add remaining vegetables and continue sauteing for additional 5 minutes.
- Combine broth and seasonings into pot. Bring to a boil.
- Add chicken. Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Bring to boil and add noodles. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 10-12 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water together until cornstarch is completely dissolved. Gradually add to soup, stirring constantly. Bring back to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes or heated through.
Wednesday, January 25- It's Girls Night Out for me which means my girls and husband are on their own for dinner tonight.
Thursday, January 26- Tonight I am using my neighbor's Chicken Pot Pie recipe for dinner. I made this once before and it was excellent!
Chicken Pot Pie 6 WW Pts
- 2 deep dish pie shells
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup (per a friend's suggestion I am using cream of chicken with herbs)
- 1or 2 cans of veg-all vegetables (or combination of fresh & frozen veggie mix- I used carrots, celery, onion, peas & corn)
- 2-3 cups cooked chicken
- 1/2-3/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Boil chicken in chicken broth. After it is cool cut in to small pieces
- Reserve broth and boil fresh or frozen vegetables for 5 minutes and drain.
- Pre heat oven 375 degrees
- Mix chicken, vegetables, soup and milk in a medium bowl
- Add salt and pepper to taste and thyme
- Pour mixture in pie crust cover with 2nd pie crust
- Cook pie for about 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Saturday, January 28- We have a Groupon voucher to use at East Coast Wings & Grill tonight!
Sunday, January 29- I am not sure what tonight's meal will be. Maybe some more delicious sausage and spinach raviolis?