Well I never made a menu online for last week. But I put things together for this week.
With apples from previous boxes I am making my zucchini bread but replacing the zucchini with diced apples.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups diced apples
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Sift together flour, salt, soda, cinnamon, baking powder.
- Beat eggs. Add and mix well sugar, vanilla, and oil. Add apples to egg mixture. Add dry ingredients, mixing well. Stir in nuts if desired. Pour into 2 loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.
Friday, October 25- Chicken Cordon Blue with fresh cooked broccoli from my box and cheesy rice. I prefer to roll the raw tenderized chicken breast up with the ham and cheese then dip it in a bread mixture to bake in the oven. My mother-in-law pan fries the chicken then layers it with the ham and cheese to bake in the oven to melt the cheese.
Saturday, October 26- We decided to do take out tonight.
Sunday, October 27- White Chicken Chili in the crock pot along with corn on the cob from my box.
White Chicken Chili
- 4 cans great Northern Beans (undrained)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules (or 1 cube)
- 1 onion diced (saute with 2-3 TBS flour to thicken if desired)
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons each of garlic powder and oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 oz diced chiles (drained)
- 4 cups cooked diced chicken
- 2 cups sour cream (16oz)
- 3 cups Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped, optional
- Combine sauteed onions, beans, broth, bouillon, spices, chiles and chopped chicken in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Last half hour add cheese and sour cream. Stir to mix and melt.
- Serve once cheese has melted and sour cream has combined with mixture. Sprinkle cilantro over individual bowls if desired.
Monday, October 28- I plan on making chicken potpie for dinner tonight.
Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 deep dish pie shells
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup (per a friend's suggestion I am using cream of chicken with herbs)
- Combination of fresh & frozen veggie mix- about 2 cups
- 2-3 cups cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Boil chicken in chicken broth. After it is cool cut in to small pieces
- Reserve broth and boil fresh or frozen vegetables for 5 minutes and drain.
- Pre heat oven 375 degrees
- Mix chicken, vegetables, soup and milk in a medium bowl
- Add salt and pepper to taste and thyme
- Pour mixture in pie crust cover with 2nd pie crust
- Cook pie for about 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Tuesday, October 29- Pork tenderloin along with sauteed kale from my box and either homemade mashed potatoes or baked potatoes. I will prepare the kale as I do in the Kale and Orzo recipe.
Pepper sliced or diced
Kale stem removed roughly cut
Red Pepper Flakes
2-3 Cloves Garlic minced
chicken broth or white wine or water
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the garlic and red pepper in the hot oil. Add red pepper flakes and broth or wine. Stir the kale into the broth, cover the skillet with a lid, and cook for 10 minutes. Remove the cover and add the beans. Continue cooking and stirring until the kale is tender, about 10 minutes more (add more liquid if necessary).
October 30 and 31st- Between a Halloween party and Halloween, dinner will be pizza one night and either leftovers or take out the other.