This week I did not get a Produce Box. Although each box was filled with delicious fresh produce, I still have much of the fruit I received last week and couldn't get through my remaining fruit AND the new fruit included in each box. So I am left to my own devices to come up with this weeks meals. I will stop off at both DJs Berry Patch's farm stand and the new farm shop in downtown Apex for some of the fresh produce required to make each meal.
Wednesday, June 29- Tonight I am thinking of making Chicken and Tortellini Salad which I found in my June issue of Southern Living.
- 2 (9-oz.) packages refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Prepare tortellini according to package directions.
2. Process olive oil and next 4 ingredients in a blender until smooth. Toss olive oil mixture with tortellini, chicken, and next 3 ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.