Welcome

This is my first blog which was inspired by joining The Produce Box, a local community supported agriculture group. With a weekly delivery of fresh produce, I have been challenged to create healthy nightly meals using ingredients I may not have purchased on my own.

Below is a compilation of weekly meals using the produce delivered by The Produce Box as well as some other recipes which have inspired me.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

June 29- July 5 A menu without a Box

This week I did not get a Produce Box.  Although each box was filled with delicious fresh produce, I still have much of the fruit I received last week and couldn't get through my remaining fruit AND the new fruit included in each box.  So I am left to my own devices to come up with this weeks meals.  I will stop off at both DJs Berry Patch's farm stand and the new farm shop in downtown Apex for some of the fresh produce required to make each meal.

Wednesday, June 29- Tonight I am thinking of making Chicken and Tortellini Salad which I found in my June issue of Southern Living.

Chicken and Tortellini Salad
  • 2 (9-oz.) packages refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
  • 1 cup frozen sweet peas, thawed
  • 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
  • Salt and pepper to taste
 
1. Prepare tortellini according to package directions.
2. Process olive oil and next 4 ingredients in a blender until smooth. Toss olive oil mixture with tortellini, chicken, and next 3 ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment