Welcome

This is my first blog which was inspired by joining The Produce Box, a local community supported agriculture group. With a weekly delivery of fresh produce, I have been challenged to create healthy nightly meals using ingredients I may not have purchased on my own.

Below is a compilation of weekly meals using the produce delivered by The Produce Box as well as some other recipes which have inspired me.

Monday, February 7, 2011

February 7- February 15

The Microwave White Chicken Chili was pretty good.  Still doesn't beat my slow cooker recipe but for a very easy and quick dinner, this was great!  I never made the Lemon Shrimp (again)  or the Beef Taco Bake.  My weekly menu got altered and those dishes got bumped for another time.

Monday, February 7-  Tonight is German inspired- Pork Schnitzel with Spaetzle.  I will make a gravy and serve a vegetable along with the meal.

Tuesday, February 8-  I am thinking an Asian inspired meal with shrimp for dinner tonight, perhaps Pad Thai.

Wednesday, February 9-  Since it's just the girls tonight, I may make breakfast for dinner.  My daughters enjoy this special treat.

Thursday, February 10-  My husband will be late to dinner tonight.  So I need something that reheats well.  I will make my BBQ Chicken Sandwiches in my Pampered Chef Covered Baker.  It cooks quick in the microwave, it's real simple to make and can be reheated easily for my husband.  I'll add homemade macaroni salad to the meal to round out the dish.

BBQ Chicken Sandwiches
olive oil
3 or 4 chicken breasts
Barbecue Rub or Grilling Seasoning

1. Rub oil on to chicken and then rub thoroughly with Barbeque Rub or Grilling Seasoning.
2. Place in Deep Covered Baker in microwave for 8-11 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, make barbecue sauce** (see below).
4. When chicken breasts are cooked, take out of deep covered baker and place on cutting
board and fork pull them apart OR cut up with the Salad Choppers right in the Baker. Place pulled chicken back in baker and add barbecue sauce (about ½ - 2/3 of recipe).
6. Serve with buns.


Sauce:  
1 cup ketchup
¼ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2 tablespoons Barbecue Rub
2 teaspoons vinegar
Combine ingredients in (2-qt.) Saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally; remove
from heat. Reserve half of the sauce for serving.


Friday, February 11- I am catching a flight North tonight.  So we will eat something quick between picking my husband up from work and before I jet off to the airport.

Monday, February 14- Since I am returning this evening around dinner time, I am assuming we will be picking up take out for the family tonight.

Tuesday, February 15- I plan on cooking up Risotto with Tomato, Corn and Basil along with some Italian Sausage or maybe Shrimp for dinner. A bottle of wine and fresh bread will nicely round out tonights meal.  Of course this is assuming I jump back into the thick of things; otherwise, I for see something more simple like pasta and sauce for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment