Welcome

This is my first blog which was inspired by joining The Produce Box, a local community supported agriculture group. With a weekly delivery of fresh produce, I have been challenged to create healthy nightly meals using ingredients I may not have purchased on my own.

Below is a compilation of weekly meals using the produce delivered by The Produce Box as well as some other recipes which have inspired me.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Menu October 27- November 2

This weeks Produce Box includes a Butternut Squash, 3 Zucchinis, a pint of Grape Tomatoes, a head of Cabbage, a variety of 8 Apples and surprise items. My box's surprise items included 2 Green Tomatoes, 2 Red Bell Peppers and fresh herbs.

As much as I have tried twice now putting the Lemony Veggies and Couscous on my weekly menu, I still have not made it. Mind you not because I am dreading to prepare this dish but merely due to life circumstances which inevitably tweak my best laid dinner plans. I think I will shelf the recipe for this week, but I do plan on making it soon! I plan on using some of the zucchini for a casserole this week but I also have some left over from the DJ's Berry Patch I picked up last weekend which I'll turn into muffins or bread.

Wednesday- With my husband not home for dinner, I plan on whipping up a turkey soup with the leftover turkey breast from over the weekend. I'll add the leftover peas and carrots from last week as well. I will also throw in a cut up potato or sweet potato if I want to bulk it up more.

Thursday- There is a fundraiser for my daughter's school at Chick-Fil-A so that will be tonight's dinner followed by hosting a Tastefully Simple Party (yummy!).

Friday- With the cooler weather, I plan on preparing Butternut Squash Apple Soup and I will find an interesting way to prepare some Tastefully Simple Beer Bread to accompany the soup. I think I will add some cream to the soup puree as well as some minced garlic and thyme while I am sauteing the vegetables.

Saturday- Tonight's meal will be pork chops and an Eggplant and Zucchini Casserole. (As long as the eggplant from last week holds up.)

Sunday- Halloween usually means pizza for dinner and a Halloween cartoon before the kiddies venture out and go trick or treating. So tonight will be pizza and candy!!

Monday-It's hearty good eats this evening. I will be frying up chicken with Fried Green Tomatoes along with some gravy and mashed potatoes.

Tuesday-I'm not sure about tonight's meal but I will probably use the cabbage most likely as slaw. I'll need to think about this meal some more. ***Alright I gave it a little thought and I might make pulled pork sandwiches, it goes hand in hand with cole slaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment