Welcome

This is my first blog which was inspired by joining The Produce Box, a local community supported agriculture group. With a weekly delivery of fresh produce, I have been challenged to create healthy nightly meals using ingredients I may not have purchased on my own.

Below is a compilation of weekly meals using the produce delivered by The Produce Box as well as some other recipes which have inspired me.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

No Jalapeno Meal

Well I chickened out on the jalapeno dinner tonight. I did see a post from a fellow Produce Box blogger and decided to freeze my jalapenos for later use. Since I am not cooking my jalapenos I stopped by DJ's Berry Patch this afternoon for some red potatoes and fresh corn. Today I will serve Corn on the Cob along with Sour Cream Potato Salad (Boil potatoes until tender, Quarter potatoes, Mix mayo and 1/2 cup of sour cream into potatoes, add 2-3 cut up hard boil eggs, tomatoes, 3 chopped green onions, bacon bits and shredded cheddar cheese) and Cheeseburgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment