Welcome

This is my first blog which was inspired by joining The Produce Box, a local community supported agriculture group. With a weekly delivery of fresh produce, I have been challenged to create healthy nightly meals using ingredients I may not have purchased on my own.

Below is a compilation of weekly meals using the produce delivered by The Produce Box as well as some other recipes which have inspired me.

Monday, April 8, 2013

First Box of 2013 Right around the corner!

Well the Produce Box has officially begun it's 2013 this week.  But I'll have to wait until Friday for my box to be delivered.  In the meantime I must plan my week anticipating the farm fresh produce headed my way this weekend.

Monday, April 8-  I'm stuck at home babysitting the workmen diligently replacing windows in my home.  Luckily, I have fajita makings on hand!

Tuesday, April 9-  Grilled pork chops, grilled asparagus and homemade macironi salad rounds out this evening's meal.

Wednesday, April 10-  I am lending a helping hand to a neighbor by providing dinner tonight.  Therefore, I decided to make a meal that I can make easily for the masses.  Tortellini Alfredo, side salad and garlic bread will this evening's meal.  Although I may replace the salad with sliced cantaloupe instead.

Thursday, April 11-  It's club sub day at my local supermarket and I need a rather quick meal tonight. 

Friday, April 12-  The Produce Box arrives today!  But our family won't be eating together due to golf lessons.  Hmmm, what to do?  I'll be getting the following in my Box:
  • Tomato Tasting
  • English Cucumber
  • Carrots
  • Sweet Potatoes
  • Honey Whole Wheat Bread
  • Rutabagas

No comments:

Post a Comment