Welcome

This is my first blog which was inspired by joining The Produce Box, a local community supported agriculture group. With a weekly delivery of fresh produce, I have been challenged to create healthy nightly meals using ingredients I may not have purchased on my own.

Below is a compilation of weekly meals using the produce delivered by The Produce Box as well as some other recipes which have inspired me.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Finding a Good Black Bean Salad Recipe

As blogged earlier, Monday's menu consisted of Marinated Chicken Fajitas using the marinade from the steak fajitas we had last week. Along with grilled peppers (from my Produce Box) and onions (from DJ's Berry Patch). After slicing the peppers and onions, we drizzled with some olive oil, dash of balsamic vinegar and then grilled them.

I found a Black Bean Salad recipe which also used fresh corn that I had picked up at the farm stand as well. This salad appealed to our palate much better than the corn and black bean salad we made last week.

If you follow the link, note the information above the recipe which outlines the basics to any black bean salad. So you can adjust to your family's liking. For this salad, I omitted the avocado and replaced the jalapenos with ground cumin.

No comments:

Post a Comment