Welcome

This is my first blog which was inspired by joining The Produce Box, a local community supported agriculture group. With a weekly delivery of fresh produce, I have been challenged to create healthy nightly meals using ingredients I may not have purchased on my own.

Below is a compilation of weekly meals using the produce delivered by The Produce Box as well as some other recipes which have inspired me.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

The NC 10% Campaign

My weekend menu got flipped around due to the fact that Sunday I am entertaining family. So I just decided to flip the days and made the Haitian Voodoo Sticks Saturday. I decided to serve the remaining Sour Cream Potato Salad with the kabobs to help put out the fire. These sticks are HOT! (and we used half the cayenne called for!) But they are good. I am already planning on making them for my father when he visits. (He likes all meals that have a kick to them.)

We stopped at DJs Berry Patch and picked up some peppers to make my husband's awesome Salsa, green beans for dinner tomorrow and blueberries for a blueberry topping to accompany the NY Cheesecake I'll be serving for dessert tomorrow.

I enjoy buying local- supporting community agriculture, supporting our local businesses and farmers among many other reasons. I came across this campaign to help build NC local food economy. The Center for Environmental Farming Systems (CEFS) is leading the 10% Campaign. North Carolina Cooperative Extension agents are supporting the 10% Campaign by acting as local foods coordinators in all 100 counties. Help build North Carolina's local food economy by joining the campaign. They are also on Facebook- http://www.facebook.com/nc10percent

No comments:

Post a Comment