Welcome

This is my first blog which was inspired by joining The Produce Box, a local community supported agriculture group. With a weekly delivery of fresh produce, I have been challenged to create healthy nightly meals using ingredients I may not have purchased on my own.

Below is a compilation of weekly meals using the produce delivered by The Produce Box as well as some other recipes which have inspired me.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Notes on Saturday's Menu

Well today began with Blueberry Muffins. My children gobbled up the muffins and I thought they were tasty. However, I think I will still search for a better muffin recipe. I liked the addition of lemon zest to the blueberry muffin, it paired well. I enjoy a real sweet cake like muffin which I felt this recipe lacked.

This evening I prepared the Peachy Chicken and served it with Garlic Red Potatoes and fresh green beans. The potatoes were suppose to be grilled which imparts a wonderful flavor as well as gets the potato slices nice and crispy. But alas, Mother Nature had other plans, some much needed rain (yeah for the rain, boo to no grilling). They still were good cooked in the oven. One of my girls loved the chicken but my picky daughter did not care for it. I think it may have had too much ginger flavor for her. I think I may tweak this recipe and omit the Asian flavor for more of a pure peach sauce.

Three cheers to fresh local produce!!! I picked up green beans, potatoes, garlic, onions and pickling cucumbers at DJ's Berry Patch this morning. Those green beans tonight were fabulous! I boiled them for a few minutes added some butter and salt. Can't get much simpler or better. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment