Welcome

This is my first blog which was inspired by joining The Produce Box, a local community supported agriculture group. With a weekly delivery of fresh produce, I have been challenged to create healthy nightly meals using ingredients I may not have purchased on my own.

Below is a compilation of weekly meals using the produce delivered by The Produce Box as well as some other recipes which have inspired me.

Friday, October 15, 2010

Sounded Too Good to Wait

While looking for innovative ideas to prepare Butternut Squash, I stumbled across this recipe, Butternut Squash Apple Cranberry Bake, at SimplyRecipes.com. After reading the recipe, I couldn't resist making it with my butternut squash instead of the couscous meal I had intended it for. Therefore, Friday's meal will be the Apple Stuffed Chicken served along with the Butternut Squash Apple Bake. I did make a slight alteration to the butternut recipe. Not having any cranberries on hand, I substituted them with raisins. I also added a dash of cinnamon to the sugar mixture.

As it bakes away in my oven and the scents of nutmeg float through the air, I eagerly await the arrival of dinner to sample this sweet smelling dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment