Welcome

This is my first blog which was inspired by joining The Produce Box, a local community supported agriculture group. With a weekly delivery of fresh produce, I have been challenged to create healthy nightly meals using ingredients I may not have purchased on my own.

Below is a compilation of weekly meals using the produce delivered by The Produce Box as well as some other recipes which have inspired me.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get.

"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you are going to get." Forrest Gump

Even when you stop and plan a week's worth of meals, sometimes life throws you a curve ball. Thankfully even the best laid plans are malleable and you can adapt. My menu last week took an unexpected turn after I learned I was traveling out of town for a funeral. So after Thursday, my menu was thrown out the window, I jetted off on an airplane and left my husband to fend for our daughters and himself. I guess it worked out well that we hadn't gotten a Produce Box delivery after all.

Now I am back home and once again thrown into that quandary of "what's for dinner?". Well I am eagerly looking forward to my delivery from the Produce Box tomorrow. I have begun to find inspiration from the content list for the Produce Box as well as from my kitchen cabinets, refrigerator, freezer and cookbooks. Also, since I didn't have a chance to whip up some of the meals from last week's blog, they too are inspiring me this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment