Welcome

This is my first blog which was inspired by joining The Produce Box, a local community supported agriculture group. With a weekly delivery of fresh produce, I have been challenged to create healthy nightly meals using ingredients I may not have purchased on my own.

Below is a compilation of weekly meals using the produce delivered by The Produce Box as well as some other recipes which have inspired me.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Baslsamic Chicken with White Beans and Spinach

A slight change in menu plans and I will be trying this recipe for the first time.  The original recipe calls for Campbell's® Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup but I don't have that on hand.  Instead I will use chicken stock.  I will also add sliced scallions from my Produce Box to the garlic saute.   I am debating to serve the chicken and beans over a fresh bed of spinach (from my Box) with a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette or to actually the add the spinach to the dish as directed.  Decisions, decisions!

 Balsamic Chicken with White Beans and Spinach  7 WW Pts.

  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 4 (4 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3 scallions sliced
  • 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 10.75 ounce Chicken Stock
  • 1 (15 ounce) can white kidney beans (cannellini), rinsed and drained
  • 1 (7 ounce) bag fresh baby spinach

Directions

  1. Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until it's well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
  2. Reduce the heat to medium. Add the garlic and scallions to the skillet and cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in the vinegar and cook, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
  3. Stir the stock and beans in the skillet and heat to a boil. Return the chicken to the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium. Stir in the spinach. Cover and cook until the chicken is cooked through and the spinach is wilted. 
  • Calories: 332
  • Total Fat: 11.9g
  • Cholesterol: 62mg
  • Sodium: 858mg
  • Total Carbs: 26.3g
  • Dietary Fiber: 5.8g
  • Protein: 28.9g

No comments:

Post a Comment